This delicious homemade ice-cream couldn’t be simpler as it involves no eggs custard, cooking, or chilling – perfect for a mom of three and spur-of-the-moment cook like myself. Made with nothing more than heavy cream, sugar, and a generous amount of vanilla, it is still rich, creamy, and delicious.
Give it a try and watch yourself become everyone’s favorite person.
Give it a try today.
Creamy Non-Custard Vanilla Ice-Cream
Makes approximately 1 pint
- 1 1/2 cups cold heavy cream
- 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract or, better yet, 1 tablespoon of vanilla bean paste (which is a mixture of vanilla extract and vanilla bean seeds, and is both extremely tasty and is an easier, cheaper way to add the prized vanilla seeds to light-colored desserts like ice-cream and creme brulee)
1. Place all ingredients together in a bowl and whisk until the sugar has somewhat dissolved.
2. Pour the mixture in the bowl of an ice-cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
3. This ice-cream is absolutely wonderful when enjoyed in just-churned, soft-serve state. If you want harder ice-cream, transfer it into an air-tight container and freeze for several hours to overnight.
Looking for more quick, cold desserts? Try these: