The past week has gone by in a blur. Here are some of the things that happened:
1. This is one of my next recipes to be posted here:
These are oven fries.
This was my birthday cake – I am officially 32! I used this recipe, plus berries.
Another recipe on the way. The hard glaze on top is homemade.
And speaking of sweet, homemade, red things:
I now add a little bit of red dye to my hummingbird food. It’s pretty this way.
2. Wildflowers: my girl picked these for me in one of our empty pastures:
Aren’t they sweet?
3. We have pulled out our old chicken tractor to serve as a summer chicken coup for our meat chickens. They are babies right now. We don’t plan to keep them confined in there, and don’t plan to move it all that much – as soon as they are a certain size, we’ll let them out to roam freely wherever. I love chickens wandering around.
4. We had our hay made. Here is how it was cut:
Our neighbors did it for us. Half of our neighbors are Amish – some of the most conservative in the country, I am told.
This Russian-speaking Jewish-Azerbaijani American is finally English.
5. Summer is the season for swinging:
6. Cyrus has a new haircut:
He can’t twist his pigtails in the same way right now, but at least he’s nice and cool!