Well, the 2011 is over folks! It’s been a good year around here, and I hope it’s been a good one for you too!
Here I put together a list of my favorite recipes from 2011, just to sabotage your New Year’s resolutions:
1. Black Forest Sheet Cake with Chocolate Mocha Frosting – I baked it right before my water broke (don’t visualize that last part). ‘Twas good timing, too – it makes one heck of a postpartum snack!
2. Maple Butter – makes a great frosting or spread for popovers or just plain fresh bread.
3. How to Brew Kombucha – my new summer “iced tea.”
4. Authentic Russian Borscht – or as authentic as it gets when a native of Azerbaijan (it’s a country) makes it in Wisconsin.
5. Café Glacé (Coffee with Ice Cream) – another old-country classic I’d never had till I got to the new one.
6. Homemade Tom & Jerry Mix – the new-country classic not everybody knew about: a warming winter drink mix to be dissolved in hot milk – good with a splash of alcohol or without.
7. Homemade Caramel for Dipping Apples – or, in my case, apple wedges. Really good stuff! Like, really good.
8. Foolproof Homemade Yogurt: Science, Techniques, and Troubleshooting – everything you wanted to know about making yogurt but were afraid to ask. Well, nearly everything.
9. Chocolate Pots-de-Creme – now family-style. Yes, it’s possible.
10. Brownie Pudding Cake – a family recipe from my husband’s side, now adjusted for the GGGB level of culinary decadence.
Happy New Year!